WEB PAGE SEARCH ENGINE SUBMISSION OVERVIEW
First, a word of caution...
Almost every company that submits sites to search engines will not tell you this, but if you submit a web page that has not been optimized, you will not rank very high in the engines and you are, in effect, wasting your money... Other companies do not mention the necessity to optimize because either they don't know about it themselves or they can't optimize.
SEARCH ENGINE SUBMISSION DETAILS
This article discusses specific ways to...
"10 Questions to Ask Before You Submit Your Site to the Search Engines."
So you want to submit your web page to the search engines and get found...
And you are going to pay a search engine submission service $50, $99, $150 to do this for you. I have some bad news for you... It won't work in almost all cases!!
Well, the best analogy I can think of is all the waiters/waitresses in Los Angeles and New York waiting to be found for Broadway or Hollywood. Hundreds of talented people ready to be discovered -- and they won't be for many reasons: no agent, bad agent, poor portfolio, not at the right place at the right time, didn't find out about the audition, etc.
It is the same way when you submit an unoptimized web page, you severely limit the chance of being discovered, if you don't properly construct your source code.
One of the most common e-mails I receive from clients is, "I've paid $xx to submit my web page to 100/200/500 search engines. I really expected to start getting visits, but I didn't."
Well, just because a site is submitted doesn't mean it is going to be ranked, or even found. We all know the computer adage, "Garbage in, garbage out." If you have a poorly optimized site for search engine relevancy, the only thing you are doing is insuring you will be listed near the bottom of 500+ search engines.
There is no magic in the submission to the engines, the magic in the way your page is structurally designed.
10 STEPS TO DO BEFORE YOU SUBMIT
YOUR WEB SITE TO THE SEARCH ENGINES
1. Test your current web ranking BEFORE you submit your web page. If you have a good ranking,
AND if you have changed either the file size or file date AFTER you originally submitted your site and achieved your great ranking,
DO NOT resubmit. You, in all likelihood will LOSE your ranking. Search engine algorithms change, more competitors are now in existence.
How do I know this, I have done it to my own site!! Never
more. You can go to each engines and check for various keywords and see if you are ranked or you can use a software program to do this for you. Please get your
2. Prepare a list of keywords related to your site.
3. Keyword meta tags -- Insert your a list of at least 30 important keywords, place them in the meta tag.
4. Alt-tags -- make sure all your images are labeled not only with a description, but with a keyword rich description.
5. Meta description -- Write 3 or 4 keyword laden sentences for your meta description.
6. Meta titles -- read my free report "Optimizing Your Web Site: How to "Wu-Wu Your
7. Visible text -- MOST importantly, don't use adjectives and pronouns, use nouns.
Yes -- you have to write for human consumption, but if you don't write for the search engine spiders, humans will never feast upon your site. Also, one of the major engines will not accept your web site unless you have at least 100 visible words, and sprinkle them in your visible text. Skip this step and you will reside in the bowels of the engines.
8. Heading text -- make use of headings in the HTML and place keywords in the headings.
9. Don't SPAM your keywords -- read my free report "Search Engine Secrets That Don't
10. Submit to the major engines -- you can submit your site for free, just see the navigational bar on the left and select each major engine submit your site
or download Submit Wolf for FREE. I perform up to 50,000 unique submissions every week!! This is GREAT software.
Now you have 10 of the ingredients to work on your site. It is somewhat like having the flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla, baking soda sitting on a counter to make a cake. The trick is not necessarily having the ingredients, but knowing how to put them together... Of course, if you bake the flour before adding the water it just doesn't turn out
right. That is what we know how to do. If you would like our quote for our web page optimization services, just e-mail back.